Mercedes-Benz unveils new ultra-plush Maybach SUV for people who want to be enclosed in a luxurious bubble of comfort
- Mercedes-Benz unveiled the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show on Thursday.
- The luxury SUV has chrome detailing throughout the exterior, including enormous front grilles.
- Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but the car will be available in the US market by the second half of 2020.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
Mercedes-Benz has unveiled the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600, a chrome-fitted luxury SUV, at the2019 Los Angeles Auto Show.
The automaker claims the luxury ride with the option of either five-seater combines the “body design and technical basis of the GLS with the luxury of a top-class sedan,” according to the automaker. And for the first time, the automaker has placed electric features in its 4.0-liter V8 bi-turbo engine: a 48-volt onboard EQ Boost with an integrated starter generator helps increase the horsepower of the car.
“We are embarking on another new chapter of our drive technology, which we are also successively extending further to other model series as we move towards electrification and hybridisation,” head of Mercedes-AMG Tobias Moers said in a statement.
The SUV is filled with luxurious features, such as a noise-insulated interior, optional fold-out table with a small refrigerator, and wheels created specifically for Mercedes-Maybach. Keep scrolling to learn more about the new chromed-out car:
- Kelley Blue Book announced the best 2020 cars to purchase in its annual awards here’s the full list
- This 1,016-horsepower tractor has just been crowned the world’s fastest after it traveled more than 150 miles per hour
- The $46,000 Mercedes-Benz A220 is the newest entry point to the famous luxury brand. We tested it to see if the 2019 Car of the Year runner-up is worthy of the badge.